'Survivor' Winner Jenna Morasca Accused Of Biting Officer After Being Revived With Narcan

By Paul Gaita 02/20/18

According to police, Morasca was found unconscious in the driver's seat of a running car.

Jenna Morasca

Reality television star Jenna Morasca was arrested in January on charges of driving under the influence and drug possession, People reports.

Police in Washington, Pennsylvania claim that Morasca, 37, who is perhaps best known as the 2003 winner of Survivor, was found unconscious in a car parked at a stop sign, while a passenger in the car was observed with syringes in a Ziploc bag.

Morasca, a Pennsylvania native, has been seen on numerous TV reality programs since her $1 million "Survivor" win, including Fear FactorCelebrity Apprenticeand The Amazing Race, and was a participant in Total NonStop Action Wrestling in 2009.

Medics reportedly revived Morasca with naloxone, the opioid overdose reversal drug, but according to police, upon regaining consciousness, she fought with medics and reportedly bit a police officer during the struggle.

According to the police report, officers responded to a 911 call on January 25 from a driver who claimed that they had seen a driver unconscious behind the wheel of a parked car at a stop sign.

Upon arrival at the scene, the report stated that officers found Morasca unconscious behind the wheel of a Chevrolet SUV with a female passenger, who was reportedly seen placing a plastic bag containing syringes in her purse.

The report stated that officers deemed Morasca under the influence of narcotics and administered a dose of Narcan. Medics also administered a dose of Narcan to Morasca upon arrival, and transferred her via stretcher to an ambulance. According to the report, medics requested assistance with Morasca, who upon regaining consciousness, was fighting with and trying to bite them.

A female officer who remained inside the ambulance as it headed for a local emergency room was reportedly bitten by Morasca during the struggle. WPIX reported that Morasca was taken to an area hospital before being transported via helicopter to a hospital in Pittsburgh. She was subsequently charged with driving under the influence of drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia.

It's not uncommon for people to become violent or aggravated after being revived with Narcan.

While the altercation between Morasca and police and medics was taking place, officers reportedly requested that the passenger in the SUV relinquish the bag of syringes. She initially denied having the bag, but upon obtaining the bag from her, officers reportedly found a burnt spoon with a string and cotton balls, and another syringe in her wallet.

The passenger was detained on the scene on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia, but was released after being told that she would receive charges via summons.

Please read our comment policy. - The Fix

Paul Gaita lives in Los Angeles. He has contributed to the Los Angeles Times, Variety, LA Weekly, Amazon.com and The Los Angeles Beat, among many other publications and websites.