Cory Monteith Died From Heroin and Alcohol

Cory Monteith Died From Heroin and Alcohol

By McCarton Ackerman 07/17/13

Coroners confirm the Glee actor died from substances, over a decade after he first got clean.

Image: 
Cory Monteith will be missed. Photo via

The British Columbia Coroner's Office has confirmed that Glee star Cory Monteith passed away due to a toxic mixture of heroin and alcohol. The coroner said that no other details are available at this time because the investigation is still ongoing. "It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," said the report, released yesterday afternoon. Monteith, 31, was found dead on Saturday night in a Vancouver hotel room, where he had been staying for a week. There were previous reports that alcohol and other substances were found in his hotel room. A source told Radar Online that he spoke to Monteith at a bar the night before his death, and that he did not drink that night. But other sources claim that they had spotted Monteith drinking lightly in the days before his death. The actor entered a 30-day rehab last April for substance abuse issues, after nearly a decade of sustained sobriety since he last got clean at 19. In 2011, Monteith told Parade magazine that he began smoking pot and drinking at age 13, and by age 16 he was "doing anything and everything, as much as possible." He said he was "lucky to be alive."