What is the best buprenorphine detox?
Will My Insurance Pay for Rehab?
Buprenorphine, which is commonly marketed under the brand name Suboxone, is a medication that may be prescribed to people dealing with drug addiction. The purpose of this medication is to reduce the symptoms of drug addiction and facilitate recovery. Unfortunately, in many cases, buprenorphine itself can be addictive. If you find yourself dependent on this medication, effective treatment is available. Before you can enter treatment, however, you must first undergo buprenorphine detox.
What is Buprenorphine Detox?
During a typical buprenorphine detox program, you will gradually reduce your intake of the drug and allow it to leave your system. Throughout the process, you may experience withdrawal symptoms. You may also crave buprenorphine. For this reason, many patients choose to enter an inpatient buprenorphine detox program that offers medical supervision and supportive services.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Choosing a Buprenorphine Detox Program
Buprenorphine detox programs vary considerably, and the program that is best for one patient may not be appropriate for another. As you compare different programs, remember to consider each of the following factors:
- Type of treatment. - Detox programs may provide inpatient or outpatient treatment services.
- Amenities. - If you are interested in an inpatient detox program, amenities will also be an important consideration. Be sure to investigate the quality of the housing, food and recreational activities available during treatment.
- Location. - Some detox facilities are located in cities or suburban environments, while others are in resort-like locations.
- Cost. - The cost of treatment varies based on the type of service, location of the program and other factors.
- Compatibility with insurance. - While some treatment programs may be covered by your insurance policy, others may not. If a program isn't covered, you will be responsible for the full cost of your treatment.
- Reputation. - Some buprenorphine detox centers have a good reputation among past patients, while others do not. You can evaluate a treatment center's reputation through online research.
Keep in mind that some of the factors above are interrelated. For example, the treatment centers that offer the best amenities tend to be more expensive. Likewise, a treatment center in an exotic location may have a better reputation than one in a high-stress urban environment. If you are on a budget or cannot travel far from home, you may need to compromise a bit in order to find the detox center that is best for you.