UMR Rehab and Heroin Detox Coverage
Heroin is an extremely addictive drug. Overcoming an addiction to heroin can be difficult, but it is necessary for the sake of your health and your future. However, before you can enter treatment for heroin addiction, you must first eliminate any remaining heroin from your system through a process known as detoxification.
Because detoxification can be challenging, many people choose to complete this process under medical supervision. Before you enter medically-supervised detox, it's a good idea to find out whether your UMR insurance policy will cover the expenses you incur.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
UMR is not a traditional insurance company. Instead, it is a third-party administrator that offers products and services to employers who offer self-funded insurance policies to their employees. Some of the products and services available from UMR include:
- Claims Services
- Provider Network Solutions
- Claims Management
- Plan Design
- Online Member Services
- Risk Management
Employers who work with UMR to design and implement insurance policies can customize their plans to meet their needs. They can also choose which of UMR's services they will utilize.
Understanding UMR Heroin Detox Coverage
Because UMR doesn't provide its own insurance policies, determining whether your plan covers heroin detox can be challenging. However, in order to comply with the requirements of the Affordable Care Act, most employers will include coverage for addiction treatment in their group insurance plans. To determine whether your plan includes UMR Heroin Detox Coverage, you must consult your plan documents or consult your plan administrator.
What Will I Pay?
Even if you know that you qualify for UMR Heroin Detox Coverage, you may still wonder whether you will need to pay any of your own expenses during detox. Depending on the options chosen by your employer, any of the following factors may affect your financial responsibility for treatment:
- Deductible - Many insurance plans include a deductible, which is the amount you must pay out-of-pocket before your plan benefits will begin each year.
- Coinsurance - After meeting your deductible, you may be required to pay coinsurance for subsequent services you receive.
- Choice of Provider - Depending on the structure of your plan, you may receive a greater amount of coverage for services received from providers within your plan's network.
- Referrals and Precertification - Your plan may require you to obtain a referral from your primary care physician and/or precertification from the insurance company in order to qualify for UMR Heroin Detox Coverage.