Magellan Health Services Rehab and Video Game Addiction Coverage
A video game addiction may not seem as serious as an addiction to drugs or alcohol, but it can still impact your life dramatically. Unfortunately, this condition is not easy to overcome without professional help.
Although professional video game addiction treatment can be costly, it is worth the investment in order to improve your health. Furthermore, if you qualify for Magellan Health Services Video Game Addiction Coverage, some of your treatment expenses may be covered by your plan.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
About Magellan Health's Programs
Magellan Health is a health care management company that offers several different programs to meet the needs of its clients, including:
- Magellan Complete Care - a comprehensive healthcare program designed for people with serious mental illness.
- Magellan Healthcare - a behavioral healthcare management program.
- Magellan Rx Management - a prescription management program.
- Magellan Federal - a behavioral healthcare and mental health program designed for members of the military and their families.
Not all of these programs will cover video game addiction treatment. To find out whether your program will cover the treatment you need, call Magellan Health or read through your plan documents.
Estimating Your Video Game Addiction Coverage through Magellan Health Services
Even if you know that Magellan Health will cover video game addiction treatment, it is still wise to learn more about the specifics of your coverage so you know how much you will need to pay out of pocket. Some of the factors that may affect the out-of-pocket cost of your treatment include:
- Type of Treatment - Certain types of treatment, such as inpatient therapy, may be inherently more expensive than others. Likewise, some providers charge different fees for the same services.
- Cost-Sharing Requirements - Most plans will require you to share responsibility for your treatment expenses. Depending on the terms of your policy, you may need to meet a deductible, pay coinsurance or make copayments for certain services you receive.
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum - Once you have reached your plan's out-of-pocket maximum, you won't be responsible for any more of your covered treatment expenses.
- Network Requirements - Magellan Health Services may pay more for your treatment if you utilize certain in-network providers.
- Referrals and Precertification - Depending on the requirements of your program, you may need a referral from your primary care physician and/or precertification from Magellan in order to qualify for Magellan Health Services Video Game Addiction Coverage.