Magellan Health Services Rehab and Heroin Detox Coverage
Heroin is an incredibly addictive drug. In order to overcome an addiction to heroin, you must first eliminate the drug from your system through a process known as detoxification. Unfortunately, detox can be dangerous and uncomfortable. For this reason, many people choose to undergo medically-supervised detox.
Before you enter a heroin detox program, it's wise to find out how much the program will cost. Luckily, if you have Magellan Health Services Heroin Detox Coverage, your cost may be lower than you think.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
About Magellan Health Services
Magellan Health Services is a healthcare management company that provides several different solutions designed to reduce costs and improve outcomes in some of the more complex or costly areas of healthcare. The services provided by Magellan Health include:
- Magellan Healthcare - Magellan Healthcare is a behavioral healthcare plan that may include employee assistance programs and/or behavioral healthcare management services.
- Magellan Complete Care - Magellan Complete Care is a full-service medical plan designed for people with serious mental illnesses.
- Magellan Rx Management - Magellan Rx Management is a prescription management program designed to reduce costs.
- Magellan Federal - Magellan Federal is a military program that provides mental health services to veterans, service members and their families.
Do I Qualify for Magellan Health Services Heroin Detox Coverage?
Because Magellan Health offers so many different programs, determining whether you qualify for Magellan Health Services Heroin Detox Coverage can be difficult. While some of these programs cover detox expenses, others do not. To determine whether your program will cover detox, read through your plan documents or contact Magellan Health directly for assistance.
Several factors may affect the amount of coverage you receive for detox from Magellan Health. Some of these factors include:
- Deductible - Your deductible is the amount you need to pay toward your own treatment expenses for the year before your benefits will begin.
- Coinsurance - Coinsurance is your portion of treatment expenses after the deductible has been met.
- Choice of Provider - Your plan may include a network of preferred provider. If so, choosing a provider from this network will increase your benefits.
- Cost of Treatment - Some treatments are naturally more expensive than others. Likewise, some providers may charge more than others for the same service.
Keep in mind that you may need a referral from your doctor or precertification from Magellan to qualify for coverage. Ask about these requirements before you begin a detox program.