12 Steps to Nourish the Soul
The soul is like a seedling. If you nourish it the seed will grow into something beautiful to enjoy for the rest of your life.
1. Meditation: Get quiet and listen to God through your feelings and intuition.
2. Prayer: Talk to God (out loud or in your head) as if you were talking to a close, personal friend.
3. Humility: God is a higher power. You are a lesser power. You know this. You are humbled by it.
4. Study: Read, write, learn, listen.
5. Simplicity: Slow down. Experience and appreciate the simple things in life—nature, music, friends.
6. Solitude: Take some time to be alone and listen to your own inner music. Putter around your nest.
7. Submission: Surrender everything to God—as you understand God.
8. Service: Reach out to people in need and give of yourself and your resources.
9. Confession: Find someone you can trust and confide your deepest, darkest secrets to them. Release the shame.
10. Worship: Be in awe of your Higher Power. Bow your head—metaphorically or literally. Be thankful for the grace that has been freely given to you.
11. Celebration: Be grateful! Raise your hands in joy and celebration. Sing, dance and be merry.
12. Guidance: Work with a mentor who is in constant contact with God.