Humana Rehab and Sex Addiction Coverage
Sex addiction is a serious condition that can impact your health and the quality of your life. When you struggle with this addiction, you may suffer low self-esteem, guilt and shame. You may also experience problems in your professional life, as well as in your interpersonal relationships. In addition, sex addiction may put your health in jeopardy, as your risk of contracting sexually-transmitted infections is increased when you have this condition.
Fortunately, effective treatment for sex addiction is available. However, professional treatment is often costly, so you may be wondering how much you will be required to pay during your recovery. If you have a Humana health insurance policy, Humana Sex Addiction Coverage may pay some of these expenses.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
How to Estimate Your Humana Sex Addiction Coverage
In order to estimate how much Humana will pay toward your sex addiction treatment, consider all of the following factors:
- Type of treatment - Some treatments are inherently more expensive, and coverage may be different for different types of treatment. For example, inpatient sex addiction treatment usually costs more than outpatient counseling. Deductibles and coinsurance for these services may differ as well.
- Deductible - The deductible is the amount you will pay toward healthcare expenses before your policy will start covering expenses. Your deductible starts over each year, so pay attention to the calendar when you schedule treatment.
- Coinsurance - After meeting your deductible, you will still be responsible for anywhere from 0 percent to 90 percent of your expenses. This is known as "coinsurance."
- Choice of Provider - Most Humana plans include a network of preferred providers. Try to choose providers from within this network in order to maximize your Humana Sex Addiction Coverage. Keep in mind that some plans, such as HMO plans, may not pay any of your expenses if you choose a provider from outside the network.
- Precertification/ PCP Permission - Depending on the specific requirements of your plan, you may need to obtain a referral from your primary care physician (PCP) and/or prior authorization from Humana itself in order to qualify for the full amount of available Humana Sex Addiction Coverage.
Please keep in mind that insurance plans can vary considerably. For a more accurate estimate of the amount you will be required to pay for sex addiction treatment, consult your plan documents, talk to your insurance agent or contact the insurance company directly.