Humana Opiates Rehab and Opiod Detox Coverage
An addiction to opiates can be extremely difficult to overcome on your own. Opiates are both physically and emotionally addictive, and withdrawing from these drugs can cause a number of uncomfortable symptoms. In some cases, withdrawal from opiates can even be dangerous. For this reason, it is often necessary to undergo detoxification in a healthcare facility or with the help of a physician. Unfortunately, detox can be expensive. However, if you have health insurance through Humana, some of your detoxification expenses may be covered.
Humana Insurance Basics
Humana offers two different types of policies for clients: HMO (health maintenance organization) and PPO (preferred provider organization) plans. These plans have several notable differences that may affect your Humana Opioid Detox Coverage. Some of these differences include:
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
- PCP Requirements - Either type of plan may require you to choose a primary care physician, or PCP. However, HMO plans typically require you to clear all treatments and visits to specialists with your PCP before they are scheduled. If you don't get permission from your PCP, your detoxification may not be covered.
- Network Requirements - Both PPO and HMO plans maintain networks of preferred providers. However, if you obtain care outside of this network and you have an HMO plan, none of the expenses you incur will be covered. On the other hand, if you have a PPO plan, your Humana Opioid Detox Coverage will simply be reduced for out-of-network care.
Estimating Your Humana Opioid Detox Coverage
Before you begin a detoxification program, it helps to know how much you will pay for treatment. In addition to the issues listed above, several other factors may affect how much you pay. These factors are detailed below.
- Deductible and coinsurance. - Your deductible is the amount of money you must pay toward your own medical expenses before your Humana Opioid Detox Coverage will kick in to cover the rest. Coinsurance is your percentage of the remaining expenses after your deductible has been met. Coinsurance amounts range from 0 to 90 percent.
- Precertification. - In some cases, Humana may require you to receive prior authorization for the care you receive in order to qualify for coverage.
- Out-of-pocket maximum. - Your plan's out-of-pocket maximum is the maximum amount you will pay for your medical expenses during the year, not including your premiums. Once you have reached this amount, Humana will pay for all of your future covered expenses.
Humana Opiod Detox Coverage