Great West Insurance Rehab and Internet Addiction Coverage
Being addicted to the internet can affect your life in a variety of ways. You may find yourself unable to hold down a job or maintain healthy relationships with family and friends. Eventually, if the addiction continues, your quality of life will suffer. To protect your health and your future, effective addiction treatment is recommended. However, this treatment can be costly.
Before you enroll in a treatment program, you will want to estimate the associated expenses. Fortunately, if you have a health insurance policy through Great West Insurance, a portion of your expenses may be covered.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
About Great West Insurance
Great West Insurance merged with CIGNA in 2008. Although the two companies now operate as one, a separate network is still maintained for Great West Insurance customers. Keep in mind that the preferred providers on this network may differ from those on CIGNA's standard network.
Estimating Your Expenses
Internet addiction treatment falls into the category of behavioral health services. All Great West Insurance health insurance plans cover these services. However, your exact Great West Insurance Internet Addiction Coverage will vary according to the specifics of your plan and the amount you have already paid toward your deductible, if any. Other factors that may affect your Great West Insurance Internet Addiction Coverage include:
- Medical Necessity - Great West Insurance/CIGNA will cover your treatment expenses only if your treatment qualifies as "medically necessary." Treatments are considered medically necessary if they meet certain requirements published by the insurance company.
- Preferred Provider Network - Great West Insurance will cover a greater portion of your internet addiction treatment expenses if you choose your doctors and facilities from the company's preferred provider network.
- Coinsurance requirements - Most policies require you to pay a certain amount of coinsurance after you have satisfied your deductible. Coinsurance requirements are typically expressed as a percentage of the total expense. For example, your policy may require you to pay 30 percent coinsurance for inpatient mental health services. This means that your Great West Insurance Internet Addiction Coverage would be 70 percent and you would pay the remaining 30 percent.
- Precertification - Certain addiction treatment services, such as hospital admission, may require prior authorization from the insurance company before they will be covered.
Great West Insurance plans vary. If you have questions specific to your plan, please contact the insurance company directly to learn more.