Great West Insurance Addiction Treatment
Will My Insurance Pay for Rehab?
Whether you are addicted to a substance or a specific activity, addiction has the power to control your life. All types of addiction can affect your health, career and interpersonal relationships. Fortunately, effective addiction treatments are available.
If you are considering addiction treatment, you may be wondering how much it will cost. However, if you have a Great West Insurance health plan, some of your expenses may be covered by your insurance policy.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Great West Insurance and Cigna
Cigna recently absorbed Great West Insurance, so all claims and policies sold by Great West are now managed by Cigna. However, Cigna still maintains a separate network for Great West Insurance customers, which is known as GWH-Cigna.
How Much Will You Pay?
Your Great West Insurance Addiction Recovery benefits will vary based on a number of different factors. Some of the factors that may affect your coverage include:
- Type of Addiction - Different addictions may be subject to different types of coverage. For example, while an addiction to alcohol is considered a substance abuse disorder, addiction to gambling may be treated as a mental health problem.
- Deductible - Many Great West Insurance health plans include a deductible, which the an amount you must pay toward your own medical expenses each year before your Great West Insurance Addiction Recovery benefits will begin.
- Coinsurance and Copays - Most plans also include coinsurance and copay requirements. Coinsurance is your percentage of your treatment expenses after you have met your deductible, while a copay is a flat amount you must pay for certain services.
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum - All plans include an out-of-pocket maximum, which is the maximum amount of expenses you can pay for healthcare in a given year.
- Choice of Provider - To maximize your Great West Insurance Addiction Recovery benefits, you should choose treatment providers from the GWH-Cigna network. Choosing providers that are not in this network will increase your expenses.
Keep in mind that your expenses may also vary based on the type of treatment your doctor prescribes. For example, if you are hospitalized for inpatient detoxification or enroll in a residential treatment program, your overall expenses will increase.
Great West Insurance plans may vary. If you have additional questions specific to your insurance policy, consult your plan documents or contact the insurance company directly.