GEHA Health Plans Rehab and Video Game Addiction Coverage
What Does Video Game Addiction Look Like?
If you're looking for information about your video game addiction rehab, you may be concerned that you or a loved one has a problem controlling their video game usage. The following list of signs and symptoms associated the video game addiction may help you determine if there is a problem that requires treatment:
- Losing track of time when playing video games
- Stealing or selling items to support video game habit
- Preoccupation with playing or buying video games or talking about past video game playing experiences
- Lying about the amount of time you're playing video games
- Skipping school, calling out from work, or withdrawing from social activities in favor of playing video games
- Using video games as a coping mechanism in response to stress, anger, or other negative real-world emotions/situations
- Inability to lessen or stop the amount of play despite a desire to or attempts to
More than two or three of the above symptoms can indicate a problem that requires the help of an experienced addition specialist.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Treating Video Game Addiction
While some insurance policies have evolved to include treatment specifically for video game addiction, you might have better luck receiving treatment under your GEHA Health Plans video game addiction coverage due to this disorders categorization as a behavioral or mental issue. Treatment may involve the use of medication to control compulsions or lessen the high users get from playing video games, or physicians may describe antidepressants to tackle the biological components of compulsive behavior.
Behavioral or cognitive training can help video game addicts identify their triggers and imagine new ways of channeling those temptations and compulsions in to positive outlets. Therapy is an ongoing process that may involve individual, group, or family sessions, and counseling may go on for years and years. It's important to remember that sobriety of any kind is a life-long struggle, but you can – and will! – achieve it.
What Will My Treatment Cost?
The cost of treatment will depend on your GEHA Health Plans video game addiction coverage. Your benefits will determine your copays, coinsurance, deductible, and total out-of-pocket costs. Some facilities will cost more than others depending on geographic location and services offered and whether they are in or out of network, but ultimately no price is too dear when it comes to living a healthy, happy life.