GEHA Health Plans Opiates Rehab and Sex Addiction Coverage
What is Sex Addiction?
If you're worried about your sexual behavior or the sexual behavior of a loved one, you may be interested in the signs and symptoms associated with the disorder. To help diagnose a sexual addiction, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I feel powerless in regards to how I'm acting sexually?
- Are my sexual choices interfering with my personal, professional, or scholastic life?
- Do I feel shame or embarrassment or even hate myself because of my sexual activity?
- Do I want to stop how I'm acting sexually but find myself unable to?
- Am I preoccupied with sex?
- Am I using sex to cope with depression, anxiety, or other emotional issues?
- Am I putting myself in dangerous situations?
- Am I acting in a way that is illegal or in opposition with my morals?
- Is my sex life spiraling out of control?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above, you should seek help from a sex addiction specialist using your GEHA Health Plans sex addiction coverage.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Treating Sex Addiction
There is no cure for sex addiction; instead, treatment protocols are designed to rechannel negative behaviors into positive ones so that the patient can have a healthy and rewarding sex life that they feel comfortable with and in control of. Your GEHA Health Plans sex addiction coverage may provide or a variety of treatment options, such as the following (all of which are likely available on both an inpatient or outpatient basis depending on your specific needs):
- Cognitive behavioral therapy works by helping sex addicts to identify their triggers and learn how to cope with them in a non-damaging way. Over repeated sessions, the patient begins to retrain their brain to think differently therefore helping to ensure new, more positive behavioral patterns.
- Medication may be effective in certain situations. Antidepressants can help reduce sexual compulsion as well as treating underlying or contributing issues like depression.
- Counseling and support groups provide patients a safe place to talk about their issues without the fear or judgment or reprisal. This ability to be open and honest is an essential part of recovery.
What Will My Sex Addiction Treatment Cost?
The total cost of your treatment and recovery depends largely on the breadth of your GEHA Health Plans sex addiction coverage. Insurance plans can vary wildly in terms of copays, coinsurance, deductibles, and what is covered for each condition. Choosing in-network providers will help minimize out-of-pocket costs, and most facilities have financial advisors on staff who are trained to help you find a treatment program that works within the constraints of your budget.