Outpatient Rehab Centers
There are many options available to a person who is seeking help in fighting addiction. Outpatient addiction treatment centers are one option to consider. For many, this is the perfect solution when addiction is treated early -- before it reaches its most severe point.
While Outpatient Addiction Treatment Centers are not for everyone, they can be very beneficial to others. To determine which is the best option, it is important to understand the difference between inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Inpatient Treatment Centers
Inpatient centers are treatment programs that offer round-the-clock care to a person recovering from an addiction. Depending on the circumstances and the level of addiction to a particular substance, this may require a person to remain at the facility anywhere from a week to several months.
Inpatient Treatment May Be The Best Option When:
- The addiction is severe and ongoing.
- When outpatient treatment has failed in the past.
- If relapse has occurred.
- When the detoxification process is severe and may require a person to be monitored regularly.
Outpatient Treatment Centers
Outpatient centers offer a person more freedom when it comes to addiction treatment. The same evidence based treatment is used, but does not require the person to remain in the treatment facility. Usually, the person will receive care during the day and return to their home in the evening. Treatment methods vary depending on the severity of the addiction. In milder levels of addiction, counseling and classes may occur only a few times a week; for more severe situations, the person may be required to return to the center daily.
Outpatient Treatment Centers Are The Best Option When:
- The addiction is in the early stages of severity.
- The person is self-motivated and has a supportive community at home.
- When withdrawal and detoxification symptoms are expected to be mild.
- As a form of follow-up treatment to avoid relapse after inpatient residential treatment is complete.
Things To Consider Before Choosing Outpatient Care
Outpatient addiction treatment centers offer the help and support a person needs while recovering from an addiction. For many, it is the perfect choice when they are in the early stages of addiction. To decide if it is the best option, consider the following questions:
- Will outpatient treatment be intense enough to overcome the addiction?
- Does the treatment center offer evidence based and personalized treatment?
- Will family, friends, and co-workers support progress?
- Will it make recovery easier or more difficult?
According to the National Center for Biotechnology, a branch of the National Institutes of Health, one key to successful recovery through outpatient care is open communication and honesty. If the treatment plan is not working, it is important to speak up so that a more intense treatment plan can be put into action. Not doing so could greatly hinder the recovery process.
What To Expect With Outpatient Addiction Treatment Centers
According to The National Institute on Drug Abuse, there are some common misconceptions about outpatient treatment centers. However, treatment can be just as effective and intense as inpatient treatment programs. There are several things you should expect when choosing outpatient treatment for addiction.
- Use of the same methods of scientifically proven therapy, including behavior modification, family counseling, and goal setting.
- A friendly and professional staff.
- Access to the resources and programs to help prevent relapse.
- Education that is geared toward creating a better future after treatment.
There are many outpatient addiction treatment centers to choose from. To find the right center home, it is important to know what questions to ask. To learn more, check out this Guide To Rehab.
How To Pay For Outpatient Treatment
It is no secret that treatment for addiction can become costly. However, there are several methods available to make treatment possible and affordable. Addiction is a serious illness, and therefore, insurance will often cover the cost of treatment.
If the insurance company will not cover the cost of treatment, or no insurance is available, there are other ways treatment can be paid for. Public rehabilitation centers are one option that may lower the cost of treatment, making it more affordable. Some services are even offered free of charge to those who qualify. Also, many addiction treatment centers offer payment plans to families to help with the cost of treatment.
Do Not Hesitate to Get the Help You Need
If you are struggling with addiction and need help, outpatient addiction treatment centers may be the perfect choice for you. You can receive the same evidence based treatment that has already worked for so many others. If your addiction is in the early stages, has not reached its most severe point, or you have already completed inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment can give you the help and support you need to make a complete recovery. Find an outpatient treatment center near you so you can begin your journey to recovery.