Miley Cyrus Refutes Drug Overdose Rumors
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Last month, Miley Cyrus canceled dates for her Bangerz tour after reports surfaced that the singer was admitted to a hospital on April 15. While her official statement was that she had a severe allergic reaction to antibiotics, rumors immediately began to swirl that she may have suffered from a drug overdose.
Now in London to kick off the international leg of her tour, Cyrus held a press conference at the O2 arena on Tuesday, where she vehemently denied the rumors.
"I didn't have a drug overdose,” Cyrus said. “I took some shitty antibiotics that a doctor gave me for a sinus infection and I had a reaction."
Cyrus canceled dates in Kansas and North Carolina, and was on doctors orders to spend the following two weeks on bed rest with an IV drip due to the lingering effects of her reaction. Now in good health and good spirits, Cyrus said that she was ready to resume touring after what she called the “most miserable two weeks” of her life. "I'm the poster child for good health," she said. "You have no idea how ready I am. There is nothing I would rather not do than lay in a bed for two weeks.”
The 21-year-old singer went on to describe her newfound naturalistic approach to health while stating that her lifestyle backstage isn’t as wild as everyone might believe. “I'm probably the only one on this tour who doesn't drink or smoke before a show, as I take this really seriously,” Cyrus said. “It's almost like being an athlete being up here, because if someone was fucked up, they definitely couldn't do my show.”
This wasn’t the first time that Cyrus confronted the drug overdose rumors. Last week, she did an interview with Ryan Seacrest describing her ordeal. "It was so scary…I had basically been poisoning myself with something I didn’t know I was really scary allergic to,” she said “I was on this medicine for five days and everything was all good and on the sixth day…I couldn't breathe."