Addiction Treatment Centers
Will My Insurance Pay for Rehab?
The Benefits of Addiction Treatment Centers
When facing an addiction, it may seem like the entire world has spiraled out of control. Addiction treatment centers are available and can help in the process of recovery. All of the tools and resources needed to make recovery a reality are just a phone call away.
The desire to overcome addiction is only a small portion of the recovery process. In order for a successful outcome, there are several areas that need to be addressed.
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), recovery is a process of change that focuses not only on health and wellness, but also on striving to reach your full potential in life. Therefore a successful recovery will focus on several areas. These include:
Health and wellness
A stable life at home
Finding a purpose
Building a supportive network
Addiction Treatment Centers Lower the Rate of Relapse
According to the National Institute On Drug Use, approximately 60% of those who are recovering from a substance abuse addiction will relapse. Addiction treatment centers teach techniques that prevent a relapse before it occurs. For this reason, the chance of relapse is much lower for those who seek help in the recovery process.
To help facilitate recovery and avoid relapse, addiction treatment centers will create a personalized treatment plan designed specifically for each individual they treat. According to recovery.org, this plan should address both the physical and psychological aspects of your addiction, including:
- Professionals who specialize in teaching techniques that are proven to help overcome and manage dependency will assist in the process of detoxification and help manage symptoms of addiction.
- Onsite psychologists and counselors will provide personalized therapy that is necessary for a successful recovery. This includes cognitive and behavioral therapy, family therapy, and motivational counseling.
- Prescription drugs such as methadone and buprenorphine may also be used in addition to other forms of therapy. These types of drugs help during detoxification by suppressing cravings.
- Once treatment is complete at the center, the process does not end there. Follow-up programs are available to lower the chance of relapse and help the transition into sober life.
Choosing the Right Treatment Center
Trying to fight an addiction alone can feel like an overwhelming process. This process does not have to be faced alone. Finding help begins with choosing the perfect treatment center.
There are different types of treatment centers available. When making a decision on which option is best, consider the following:
What Type of Treatment Does the Center Offer?
- Do they offer individualized treatment plans?
- Are the treatment plans research-based and proven effective?
- Do they use a combination of therapy geared toward all areas of your life?
What Do Others Say About the Center?
- Does the center have mixed reviews?
- Have others been successful after seeking treatment with the facility?
- Was the staff considered friendly and professional?
What Happens After Inpatient Treatment Ends?
- Do they have follow-up treatment plans?
- What is their relapse rate?
- Do they offer continuing outpatient counseling and services?
Addiction Treatment Centers Are Affordable
One of the main concerns when deciding where to seek treatment may be cost. This is an understandable concern. Treatment centers vary in price, but in most cases, the cost of not seeking help is much greater than the amount spent on treatment.
The good news is, many insurance companies will cover the cost of addiction treatment, making it an even more affordable option. It is easy to find out if your insurance will cover the cost of treatment. To find out what your insurance will cover, check your benefits here.
What to Expect From an Addiction Treatment Center
Treatment centers have knowledgeable and professionally trained staff who truly desire to help those struggling with addiction have a successful recovery. A quality treatment center will not only have a friendly and supportive staff, but also they will offer individualized treatment plans that are proven to work.
The staff will go to great lengths to ensure that the recovery process is as comfortable as possible. They will also take time to get to know each patient on a personal level in order to provide the most personalized treatment possible.
Counselors and psychologists will help pinpoint triggers that lead to substance abuse and offer techniques to manage these triggers once you leave the facility. This, in combination with outpatient follow-up treatment, helps to lower the rate of relapse.
If you are struggling to overcome addiction, you do not have to face this process alone. It is not too late to build the sober life you always dreamed of having. Contact an Addiction Treatment Center today to get the help and support you need and deserve. The caring and supportive staff will help you create a new beginning.