ComPsych Rehab and Video Game Addiction Coverage
Recognizing Video Game Addiction
It can be difficult to recognize when a harmless past time turns into an addiction, but these list of signs and symptoms associated with compulsive video game use should help:
- Preoccupation with playing video games
- Lying about or hiding the amount of time spent playing
- Stealing or selling off goods in order to buy more games or game-related paraphernalia
- Inability to lessen play time or stop playing altogether despite attempts or desire to
- Losing track of time when playing
- Forgoing real-world responsibilities like work, school, or family in favor of playing
- Using video game playing to escape from feelings of depression, disappointment, or other negative emotions or situations
- Need to play more and more in order to achieve the same level of satisfaction – "chasing the high"
If you are experiencing even a few of the above symptoms, it may be time to explore your ComPsych video game addiction coverage so you can get the professional help you need.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Treating Video Game Addiction
Video game addiction is a relatively new disorder, and as such treatment methods are ever evolving. The exact plan will depend on a number of factors, but any of the following may be employed during your recovery:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation – As a patient living in a residential facility, you'll receive 24-hour care supervised by medical professionals who specialize in addiction. Inpatient rehab removes you from real-world stressors and distractions, allowing you to focus completely on your recovery.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation – Outpatient rehab offers increased flexibility at a lower cost compared to inpatient facilities. While you may have less supervision, you'll still receive comprehensive care and you can attend school, go to work, or be with your family while you work on your sobriety.
- Transitional Housing – If you do choose to start your recover in an inpatient facility, transitional housing can help you bridge the gap between round-the-clock care and complete independence.
- Support Groups and Therapy – Having an un-biased person to talk to about your problems is an essential part of tackling addiction. Group and individual therapy will likely be a part of your long-term rehabilitation strategy.
Cost of Recovery and Your ComPsych Video Game Addiction Coverage
How much you'll have to pay out of pocket for your recovery care depends largely on the details of your ComPsych video game addiction coverage. Copays, coinsurance, and deductibles can add up quickly, but there are programs in place to help you manage costs so that financial concerns never get in the way of you living a happier, healthier life.