COBRA Rehab and Sex Addiction Coverage
If you're struggling with sex addiction you might be interested in exploring the extent of your COBRA sex addiction coverage, but before checking out your benefits it's important that you first understand your illness and what your treatment plan might entail.
Signs of Sexual Addiction
The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) estimates that almost 12 million Americans suffer from sexual addiction, although other sources put that number as high as 30 million. Unlike drug or alcohol addiction, in which the patient is consumed by a desire to ingest a physical substance, sex addicts are defined by their compulsive behaviors which often take over their day-to-day lives. Signs of sexual addiction include:
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
- The need to increase frequency or intensity of sexual behaviors in order to achieve the same amount of pleasure or "high"
- Preoccupation with fantasizing about or planning ways to engage in the sexual behaviors
- Behaviors are interfering with productivity or ability to engage in proper social, professional, or personal activities
- Attempts to hide or lie about behaviors
- Shame, guilt, or regret after engaging in sexual behaviors
- Going beyond previous set limits regarding type or frequency of sexual behavior
- Sexual encounters with multiple partners or with strangers
- Risk-taking behavior related to sexual activities
- Inability to lessen or cease negative behaviors
While one or two above the behaviors may not in of themselves constitute an uncontrollable compulsion, the medical community generally recognizes the presence of four or more of those criteria as reasonable evidence of sexual addiction. If you or a loved one is acting compulsively in any of the ways listed above, it's essential that you look into the details of your COBRA sex addiction coverage so you can seek treatment immediately.
Sex Addiction Treatment
Successful treatment under your COBRA sex addiction coverage will likely include a multi-faceted plan that includes both individual and group therapy. Sobriety is often best achieved by removing the patient to an environment, such as an inpatient facility, where outside triggers like pornography, sexualized imagery, and so on are not available.
Cost of Sex Addiction Treatment
The cost of your sex addiction treatment is largely dependent on what type of COBRA sex addiction coverage you possess and several other factors such as copays, coinsurance, and the treatment plan your supervising physician recommends. Whatever the financial cost, your recovery is of paramount importance, and we here at The Fix are ready to help.