Cigna Rehab and Video Game Addiction Coverage
What is Video Game Addiction?
Video games are only a few decades old, and as a result video game addiction is still finding its footing in regards to what criteria constitutes abuse, but there are two requirements that are widely considered to be universally present in addicts of any kind:
- The need for more substance or more exposure/participation in the behavior in order to feel "okay" or achieve the same level of pleasure
- Feelings of irritability, anxiety, or depression when unable to consume the substance or get more of the behavior in questions
If video game play is interfering with your ability to live life freely and without the specter of addictive behaviors, it may be time to explore your Cigna video game addiction coverage and seek help.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Breaking the Cycle
The first step towards recovery is to use your Cigna video game addiction coverage to seek treatment. Although video game addiction doesn't involve the abuse of an actual substance like drugs or alcohol, the compulsive behaviors associated with this type of addiction till require treatment guided by an experienced healthcare professional, preferably in a dedicated setting.
- Inpatient Rehab – The best way to remove outside temptation and focus completely on recovery is to be admitted to an inpatient or residential treatment facility. Here patients have round-the-clock care and a dedicated regimen overseen by an addiction specialist.
- Outpatient Rehab – For patients who have commitments to school, work, or family, outpatient rehab centers offer flexibility combined with a comprehensive treatment program that is, in many ways, the best of both worlds.
- Transitional Housing – For patients who require long-term care including treatment at both inpatient and outpatient facilities, transitional housing will help ease the shift from 24-hour supervision back into real-world activities.
- Therapy and Support – Individual and family therapy and support groups give patients an outlet for their concerns as well as encouragement and accountability while they continue to work through issues and pursue sobriety.
The Cost of Recovery
The out-of-pocket costs you'll be responsible for during recovery will depend on the Cigna video game addiction coverage provided by your specific insurance policy. Factors like HMO vs. PPO, copays, coinsurance, and the type treatment plan you'll be undergoing will all influence the end cost. No matter what financial burden rehabilitation ultimately incurs, your health – and happiness – are well worth it.