Cigna Rehab and Sex Addiction Coverage
Sex addiction is a serious condition that can be difficult to overcome. Over time, this condition leads to relationship issues and mental health decline. Sex addiction can also expose you to a number of health risks, including sexually transmitted infections.
Recovering from sex addiction can be challenging, but it is possible with the right treatment. However, this treatment can be expensive. Before you enroll in a program, it's wise to estimate how much you will be expected to pay. Fortunately, if you have insurance from Cigna, Cigna Sex Addiction Coverage can reduce your expenses.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Estimating Your Expenses
As you estimate your anticipated sex addiction treatment expenses, there are many different factors to consider. Below are some aspects of your insurance policy that may affect your Cigna Sex Addiction Coverage.
- Policy Structure - Cigna offers three primary policy structures: myCigna Health Savings, myCigna Health Flex and myCigna Copay Assure. Each of these plans operates differently. For example, with myCigna Health Flex, you must meet a deductible before Cigna Sex Addiction Coverage begins. With myCigna Copay Assure, however, no deductible is required.
- Choice of Provider - Cigna maintains a preferred provider network. If you choose providers from within this network, you will receive the maximum amount of coverage available. If you choose out-of-network providers, however, coverage will be reduced.
- Amount of deductible - The amount of your deductible, if any, will determine how much you have to pay toward your medical expenses before Cigna will begin providing benefits.
- Copay and coinsurance requirements - Many policies have copay and/or coinsurance requirements. A copay is a flat fee you pay at the time of service, while coinsurance is a percentage of the bill you must pay after the service is complete.
- Precertification - Certain services may require precertification from the insurance company in order to qualify for coverage. Consult your plan documents to determine if precertification will be required in your case.
The type of treatment you require will also affect how much you pay. Depending on your doctor's recommendation, you may need outpatient treatment, inpatient treatment, medication and more to manage your addiction and any associated health problems. Keep in mind that Cigna health insurance plans can vary considerably. For answers to specific questions or a more accurate estimate of your Cigna Sex Addiction Coverage, consult your plan documents or contact Cigna directly.