Cigna Rehab and Internet Addiction Coverage
If you're looking for help exploring your Cigna Internet addiction coverage, you may benefit by first understanding just what Internet addiction is and why it's so important for those affected to seek treatment
What is Internet Addiction?
While the criteria required for an Internet addiction diagnosis is not yet universally agreed upon, there is a certain pattern of behavior that seems indicate problematic Internet use:
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
- Frequently losing track of time while online
- Experiencing anxiety or anger when Internet time is limited or interrupted
- Internet time is interfering with school, work, or home responsibilities
- Hiding or lying about the amount of time spent online
- Feelings of guilt or remorse when reflecting on the amount of time spent online
- Euphoric feelings associated with being on the Internet
- Inability to limit Internet usage or cease usage altogether
- Using the Internet to avoid real life situations or as an outlet for stress, guilt, or feelings of sadness
Why is Internet Addiction Bad?
Though Internet addiction may seem innocuous when compared to the ghastly side effects associated with prolonged alcohol or drug abuse, an article published by the U.S. National Library of Medicine under the auspices of the National Institutes of Health found that Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD) can cause "neurological complications, psychological disturbances, and social problems." Without treatment using your Cigna Internet addiction coverage, these problems can eventually lead to mental health issues and interfere with one's ability to succeed in school, at work, or in both personal and professional relationships.
There are also more immediate physical side effects, such as:
- Hand pain, tendonitis, or carpal tunnel syndrome
- Vision disturbances or eye pain/strain
- Back and/or neck aches
- Sleep disturbances
- Weight gain from inactivity or weight loss from lack of proper nutrition
What Will My Cigna Internet Addiction C overage Encompass ?
Your Cigna Internet addiction coverage may not expressly cover treatment for internet addiction, but you may still be able to receive covered treatment until the auspices of behavior or mental health disorders. Treatment options range from inpatient facilities which offer round-the-clock supervision and a technology-free environment to support groups and outpatient counseling that allow more flexibility as well as a more reasonable price tag. Check your benefits now to find out what your policy entails and how you can find the rehab facility and care best suited to your personal situation.