Cigna Rehab and Heroin Detox Coverage
The National Institute on Drug Abuse estimates that approximately 4.2 million Americans over the age of 12 have used heroin at some point in their lives. Unfortunately, nearly 1 out of 4 people who use this drug will eventually become addicted to it. Heroin addiction can lead to a host of unwanted consequences, including health problems, relationship issues and even death.
Because the complications of heroin addiction are so severe, seeking treatment for this condition is highly recommended. Before you can begin treatment, you must typically undergo detoxification to rid your body of the drug. However, many people are hesitant to enroll in a detox program because of the associated expense. Fortunately, if you have an insurance policy from Cigna, Cigna Heroin Detox coverage may reduce the amount of expenses you must pay for treatment.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Estimating the Cost of Treatment
Several different factors may affect your Cigna Heroin Detox coverage. Some of these factors include:
- Type of insurance plan - Cigna offers three basic types of insurance: Health savings plans, Flex plans and Copay Assure plans. All of these plans work differently. For example, if you have a Copay Assure plan, you will likely pay a flat fee for the services you receive, or the amount you must pay will be capped. With a Flex plan, however, you will pay a certain percentage of your expenses after meeting the deductible.
- Type of detox - Inpatient detoxification typically costs more than outpatient detoxification. Likewise, Cigna Heroin Detox coverage levels for these services may also differ.
- Medical necessity/Precertification - Cigna may not cover any of your treatment expenses unless your provider follows the instructions published by the insurance company with regard to determining medical necessity. Some services must also be "precertified" by Cigna before they are performed.
- Choice of provider - Cigna maintains a network of preferred providers. If you choose a provider from outside this network, your Cigna Heroin Detox coverage will be reduced.
- Expenses you have already paid - Many plans include a deductible and out-of-pocket maximum for the year. You must meet the deductible before Cigna will begin covering any of your expenses. Once you have met your out-of-pocket maximum, all of your future covered expenses for the year will be Cigna's responsibility.
Cigna insurance plans vary considerably. If you have specific questions about your coverage, contact the company directly to learn more.