Cigna Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
When you have an addiction to prescription drugs, getting professional treatment is highly recommended. Without treatment, your addiction may result in health problems or even death. In addition, drug addiction can also affect your personal life and your career. Before you can begin a treatment program, you must first undergo detoxification to eliminate the drug from your body. Unfortunately, detox can be expensive, especially if you must be admitted to a hospital or clinic. However, if you have an insurance policy from Cigna, Cigna Prescription Drug Detox benefits may help with the cost of treatment.
Understanding Your Cigna Prescription Detox Coverage
The amount you will be expected to pay for prescription drug detox depends on several different factors. Some of the factors to consider include:
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
- Type of Detox - In general, outpatient detox will cost less than inpatient detox. However, your doctor will recommend the treatment that is best for you.
- Deductible - Many Cigna plans require you to pay a deductible before Cigna Prescription Drug Detox Coverage will begin. However, some plans, such as myCigna Copay Assure, do not include a deductible.
- Copay Requirements - Certain services, such as visits to a specialist, may require you to pay a flat fee, or "copay," at the time of service.
- Coinsurance - Plans that include a deductible may also require you to pay coinsurance after you have satisfied the deductible for the year. Coinsurance is typically calculated as a percentage of your addiction treatment expenses.
- Out-of-pocket maximum - Many Cigna insurance policies feature an out-of-pocket maximum, which is the maximum amount you can pay toward all of your covered medical expenses each year. Once you reach this limit, Cigna will cover all of your future expenses.
- Precertification - Depending on the requirements of your plan, you may need to obtain precertification from the insurance company in order to qualify for Cigna Prescription Drug Detox Coverage.
- Choice of Provider - Cigna Prescription Drug Detox Coverage also depends on your choice of provider. If you choose a provider from within Cigna's network, your coverage will be higher. However, if you choose a provider or facility from outside of the network, your benefits will be reduced.
Determining the exact amount you will pay for prescription drug detoxification can be challenging. For information specific to your Cigna policy, consult your plan documents or contact the insurance company.