Assurant Health Rehab and Sex Addiction Coverage
Diagnosing Sexual Addiction
Though there are certain signs and symptoms associated with an addiction to sex, many of these behaviors are present in health sexual interactions as well making it all the more difficult to diagnosis true sexual addiction. If you or a love one is concerned about potential sexual addiction, it is sometimes better to evaluate the way certain behaviors make you feel rather than dissecting the actual behaviors themselves.
- Is there a loss of control over the sexual behaviors in question?
- Are you ashamed of the sexual encounters you're having or crossing lines you have previously set for yourself?
- Are you putting yourself at risk physically or emotionally?
- Is your real or fantasy sex life interfering with your ability to work, study, spend time with friends or family, or otherwise interact normally in real-world situations?
- Are you ashamed of or hiding your sexual partners and or activities?
- Do you want to stop your sexual behavior(s) but find yourself unable to do so?
A qualified medical professional can help you sort through your feelings and evaluate your behavior to determine your next steps. If rehab is indicated, you'll want to know what your Assurant Health sex addiction coverage entails.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Assessing Your Assurant Health Sex Addiction Coverage
Though not all insurance companies have provisions designated expressly for the treatment of sexual addiction, many of the estimated nearly 12 million Americans suffering from an addiction to sex can find help under through mental health or drug and alcohol addiction programs. Inpatient and outpatient rehab centers address not just the sexually motivated behaviors but also investigate related issues like borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, past abuse or emotional trauma, drug or alcohol addiction, Asperger's Syndrome, and prescription medication side effects, all of which can cause of exacerbate sexual addiction.
The Cost of Recovery
Part of exploring your benefits will be discovering just how much financial assistance your Assurant Health sex addiction coverage offers. The issue of sobriety is a personal one; for many people treatment is not finite but rather both long-term and ever-evolving, incorporating many levels of treatment and the input of several types of medical professionals. No matter what your financial situation or personal needs are, The Fix can help you find the help you need in order to regain control of your life and embrace recovery.