Assurant Health Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
Prescription drug addiction is a pervasive problem that can affect your health, your relationships and your quality of life. Getting treatment can help you overcome your addiction and move on. However, prescription drug addiction treatment is often expensive. Fortunately, if you have an insurance policy through Assurant Health, a portion of your services may be covered by Assurant Health Prescription Drug Detox and Recovery benefits.
Does Assurant Health Cover Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment?
Assurant Health offers a variety of different insurance plans. However, all of these plans cover substance abuse treatment, including treatment programs designed to address an addiction to prescription drugs. If you are insured by Assurant Health, substance abuse counseling, detoxification, outpatient treatment and inpatient treatment are likely to be covered.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
How Much Will I Pay for Treatment?
The amount you will pay for prescription drug detoxification and treatment depends on a number of variables, including:
- The type of treatment chosen - Certain types of treatment, such as residential detox, will cost more than others.
- Your deductible - All Assurant insurance plans have a deductible. If you have not met your deductible for the year at the time of treatment, you will have to pay at least the remainder of it before Assurant Health Prescription Drug Detox or treatment benefits will begin.
- The Preferred Provider Network - All Assurant Health insurance plans include a Preferred Provider Network. In order to receive your maximum Assurant Health Prescription Drug Detox and Recovery benefits, you must choose providers and facilities that are included in this network. If you receive services from providers outside of this network, Assurant will cover a smaller percentage of your expenses.
- Your coinsurance responsibility - In many cases, Assurant Health plans require consumers to pay a certain amount of coinsurance, which is calculated as a set percentage of the cost of the services you receive. You will owe this percentage of each bill your providers issue, unless you have already met your out-of-pocket maximum for the year. Keep in mind that you will pay 100 percent of all bills until you have met your deductible.
- Copays - Some Assurant Health plans charge copays for specific types of services. A copay is a flat fee you will owe each time you receive a given service. For example, if you have a $50 copay for visits to specialists, you will pay $50 upfront each time you visit a mental health or substance abuse specialist.
Determining your exact Assurant Health Prescription Drug Detox benefits can be difficult. For more information, contact Assurant Health or consult your plan documents.