APS Healthcare Rehab and Sex Addiction Coverage
What is Sexual Addiction?
There may not be an official set of criteria for diagnosis of sexual addiction, but by evaluating a person's pattern of behavior it's possible to see if they're at risk. Unlike drug or alcohol addiction, sexual addiction is more about behaviors and their consequences rather than the substance being ingested. Some of these behaviors include:
- Preoccupation with sex, thinking about sex, or reminiscing about past sexual experiences
- Engaging in risky sexual behaviors despite discomfort or shame
- Pursuing sexual encounters or thinking about sex so much it interferes with normal daily activity
- Need for increased amount of sexual activity or sexual partners in order to achieve the same level of pleasure and/or relief
- Excessive time spent surfing pornographic websites, reading or watching pornographic material, or searching for new sexual partners
- Inability to stop going beyond the boundaries previously established
- Irritability, mood swings, and/or anxiety when unable to engage in sex or sexual-related activity
- Inability to stop negative behaviors even when presented with serious life consequences
Sex Addiction Treatment and Your Privacy
Sometimes a sex addict's fear of exposure and the possibility of any subsequent shame or ridicule that might result prevents him or her from seeking treatment. Whatever facility you choose to undergo treatment at, it's important to know that your privacy is of paramount concern to all involved. Your APS Healthcare sex addiction coverage includes a network of qualified medical professionals, all of whom are committed to helping their patients while protecting them from exposure. You're in treatment to get well, and APS and The Fix will exercise the utmost discretion every step of the way.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
What Will My APS Healthcare Sex Addiction Coverage Actually Cover?
If you or a loved one is struggling with sexual addiction, you need to check the extent of your APS Healthcare sex addiction coverage in order to understand what treatment plan and rehab center is best for you. Much of your coverage depends on your policy; you'll need to find out whether you have an HMO or PPO, what your copays and deductibles are, which treatment facilities are in-network and out-of-network, and whether there is a limit to the number of specialist visits (addiction counselor or behavioral therapist, for example) you may submit to the insurance company per year.
There is an easy way to check your benefits, so stop the excuses, free yourself from the shame, and embrace a brighter future now – you 100 percent deserve it.