APS Healthcare Depression Treatment
Signs of Depression
If you're looking for information on APS Healthcare depression treatment centers, you may interested in the far-ranging signs and symptoms of depression:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Foggy recall or memory
- Trouble making decisions
- Fatigue/low energy levels
- Feeling guilty, worthless or helpless
- Overwhelming pessimism
- Insomnia and/or excessive sleeping
- Irritability or anxiety
- Loss of libido
- Disinterest in usual activities or social interaction
- Loss of appetite
- Digestive issues
- Aches and pains, general malaise
- Feeling sad or "empty inside"
- Suicidal thoughts
Depression can manifest itself in many different ways. No two people's outward signs of a depression disorder are the same, making hyper vigilance essential to early treatment and the best possible prognosis.
Sponsored adThis sponsor paid to have this advertisement placed in this section.
Comorbidty: Depression and Drug Abuse
As difficult as depression can be on its own, the symptoms and outlook are even more devastating when combined with other compulsive or addictive behaviors. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) found that people diagnosed with mood- or anxiety-related disorders suffer from drug dependency at around double the frequency of their healthier compatriots. Studies indicate that both depression and substance abuse share a number of connections and possible triggers:
- Substance abuse and depression both occur in the same regions of the brain
- Both issues can be caused or exacerbated by genetic factors
- Environmental factors like stress or traumatic events can cause episodes of depression as well as drug and alcohol abuse
- Each condition can be the cause of the other, meaning early childhood depression can lead to drug use later in life and teenage drug use can alter brain chemistry and increase the likelihood of depression as the person in question matures
The existence of these overlapping issues makes recovery twice as difficult, but recovery is still possible under the guidance of experienced medical professionals at APS Healthcare Depression Treatment Centers.
Treating Your Depression Disorder via APS Healthcare Depression Treatment Centers
APS Healthcare depression treatment centers are staffed with medical experts who are equipped to handle the often cyclical nature of the disease. Through a comprehensive treatment plan designed to address both past and present issues, each facility's team of medical professionals will work to treat not only the depression but also co-existing issues like alcohol or substance abuse to ensure each patient has the best possible chance for a full, healthy, and hope-filled recovery.