Naked Student on 'Shrooms Rescued From Mountain
A hiker in Colorado had to be restrained and rescued by 35 personnel after she "freaked out."
A 21-year-old college student had to be rescued yesterday off a Colorado mountain after she reportedly ingested mushrooms and "freaked out." Thirty-five total rescue personnel were dispatched to the mountain in Chautauqua Park after a 911 call was received that a female hiker was "high on mushrooms and in distress." Taylor Powers, a University of Colorado undergrad, was located by a park ranger who reported that she had “removed all of her clothing and was being restrained” by two of her hiking companions. Her meltdown forced rescuers to handcuff her before transporting her to a local hospital, where she was treated and released last night. She has been cited for unlawful consumption of a controlled substance, and “further charges are pending against others involved.” Powers' Facebook page includes photos of her hiking and skiing, but no comments on the incident. This is not the first time a hiker's drug use has warranted a rescue mission: Earlier this year, officials in Orange County, California launched a $160,000 search-rescue operation to find two teenagers who had used meth and gotten lost in the woods.