Sage Stallone Likely Died of Rx Drug OD
The exact cause isn't yet known, but reports suggest that Sylvester Stallone's son died of a prescription drug overdose.
Sage Moonblood Stallone—son of actor Sylvester Stallone—was found dead on Friday in his Hollywood home from an apparent prescription medication overdose. While early reports suggested that Stallone’s overdose was deliberate, new evidence is pointing towards the cause of death being accidental. According to Sage Stallone’s attorney, the 36-year-old was planning to marry his girlfriend in Vegas possibly as soon as next weekend. “The last conversation I had with him he was telling me about how he was getting married, and he was planning on some kind of exciting costume wedding in Las Vegas,” says his attorney and confidant George Braunstein. “He was up and positive about everything.” Officials from the LA County coroner’s office say they found no suicide note on the scene and there were no signs of foul play. Original reports claimed that Stallone was possibly dead for at least three days when officers discovered the body in his home, but Braunstein says Stallone uploaded pictures to Facebook just 17 hours before he was found dead. Other sources say Sage "lived like Howard Hughes" and often spent days in his room, which was littered with cigarette butts, beer and soda cans, and food. Amid the conflicting reports, one thing is certain—the Stallone family is heartbroken. Sylvester Stallone asked that the media stop "the speculation and questionable reporting" about his son's death: "Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory in full left in peace." The cause of death will not be officially known for another two months, as it normally takes about six weeks for toxicology tests to be completed.