Real World Star Dies of Suspected OD
After battling his addictions on reality TV, Joey Kovar was found dead on Thursday.
The Real World got all too real when 29-year-old Joey Kovar, who appeared on The Real World: Hollywood and Celebrity Rehab, was found dead in Chicago on Thursday night. It's suspected that he consumed a possible combination of cocaine, alcohol and Viagra. Law enforcement officials say that Kovar’s eyes were blackened—a common side effect of a drug overdose—with a brain aneurysm the possible ultimate cause of death. A friend of Kovar’s also told police that she saw him take drugs such as Xanax and Adderall in the weeks leading up to his death. During his time on The Real World, Kovar left mid-season to attend rehab for alcohol abuse. He later appeared on Celebrity Rehab, where he sought treatment for addictions to ecstasy and cocaine. “RIP Joey Kovar my heart breaks. My love and prayers go out to your family,” tweeted Celeb Rehab cast mate Mackenzie Phillips. Even with evidence pointing toward drugs, Kovar’s family denies that he died from an overdose. “That is not what anyone is suspecting, my brother was doing very well,” says Joey’s brother, David Kovar. “Everything was going very well. The very, very last thing that our family is suspecting is drugs.” A toxicology report will be released in the next few weeks.