Pink Reveals She Overdosed
The pop singer says the event back in '95 changed her life.
Pink has been an international star ever since her debut album was released in 2000. But her life hasn't always been so charmed: the 32-year-old "Raise Your Glass" singer has long been open about her teen drug use and partying, saying she was "on all the club drugs" and "selling Ecstasy and crystal meth and Special K." But now she's revealed, in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly, that she actually overdosed in 1995. The experience was apparently enough to turn her life around: "And then I never took drugs again, ever." Pink is due to play a sex addict in the upcoming movie Thanks For Sharing. When asked why she wanted to play that part, she replies, "Because I understand addiction. I was a hardcore partyer from 12 to 15." Nowadays though, she claims her only "addiction" is shopping for clothes for her baby daughter, Willow. “I’m in so much trouble with [my husband] Carey for the shit I buy for her,” she says. “Because a one-year-old shouldn’t have Diesel jeans. But it tends to slip my mind when I see them because they’re so cute.”