Morning Roundup: January 17, 2013
Japanese gambling addiction fuels multibillion dollar industry, energy drinks are blamed for 20,000 hospital visits, and a Russian drunk drives a tank into a house.
- Japanese Pachinko Addiction Fuels Multi-billion Dollar Industry [Public Radio International]
- Proposals to Drug Test the Unemployed Gain Momentum [Salon]
- New Jersey Lawmakers Hear Testimony on a Drug that Treats Opiate Overdose [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Energy Drinks to Blame for 20,000 Emergency Room Visits Over the Past Four Years [NY Daily News]
- Zimbabwe Police Seize Four Tons of Marijuana Leaf [Fox News]
- A Drunk Guy Drove a Tank Inside a House [Gizmodo]