Morning Roundup: August 10, 2012
Heroin addicts in Pakistan have no treatment options, synthetic drugs now show up on drug tests, and recovery pioneer Dr. James West dies at 98.
- Cold Turkey the Only Cure for Heroin Addicts in Pakistan [BBC]
- Bath Salts, Synthetic Marijuana Can Now be Drug Tested [LA Weekly]
- Sleeping Pills May Provide Short-Term Relief Along with Long-Term Addiction [MedicalDaily]
- As Mexico's Drug War Gets Gritty, so do Nicknames [Mercury News]
- Should Facebook Be Censoring Marijuana Law Reform Ads? [East Bay Express]
- Dr. James West, a Pioneer in Addiction Study and Care, Dies at 98 [New York Times]